Monday, September 13, 2010

Hypothetically speaking

Roomie: I hope you move [to DC].

Friend: I'd really love to. I have a feeling I would thrive there. Or end up in a huge scandal by accidentally dating a married congressman or senator.

Roomie: that isn't really scandeous anymore. It certainly isn't scandelous for the mistress in any event.

Friend: Well, I'd feel badly.

Roomie: Right. because you are a good person. I would use it to progress my career and assume the wife knew what she was getting when she married a politician.

Friend: I'd like to be a senators wife one day and I'd be livid if my hypothetical senator husband ever cheated on me.

Roomie: I promise not to be his hypothetical mistress.

Friend: Thanks. Just throwing this out there: if you are ever my hypothetical husband's hypothetical mistress, I will hypothetically kill you and make it so they never find your body. Hypothetically speaking, of course. And i'd expect no less from you if the hypothetical roles were reversed.

No comments: