Monday, July 25, 2011

investment opportunity

Dear Mum and Dad,


I'm writing to tell you about a great investment opportunity! And that investment is ME! I've decided that the thing I'm really best at in life is coincidentally what I enjoy the most. You might be wondering, what could this be? cycling? running? snowboarding? lawyering? creative writing? modeling? the list is seemingly endless but my REAL skills lie in being pampered and not having to work. Yes, I"m talking about marrying a wealthy man and never lifting a finger again. I truly believe this is my calling in life.


Now, you guys did a great job in training me how to assimilate into the wealthy social class I strive to belong to. I learned quite a bit about country clubs and snobbery at St. Anne's. I know that I rebelled for a while but that was just a phase. I've come to my senses and i'm ready to marry rich. And good news! I"ve met someone.


Technically it was a business dinner but I was reading the signs (as well as the time from his Cartier watch) and feel that he is just as interested in my looks as i am in his money. This, my dear parents, is a match made in heaven. In fact, this handsome european businessman has said that i should come visit his vacation home in St. Tropez because that is the social circle I should be spending my time in. Now, from my extensive field research, i know that men don't want to feel like you are using them for their money and they value strong independent woman (at least in the beginning) so I very wisely did not insist that he pay for my plane ticket. Which brings us to the amazing investment opportunity!



I feel it would benefit all of us if I went to St. Tropez to find a rich husband. Now, this may not seem like you will get anything out of this if you choose to be my financial backer, but I assure you I would repay your kindness with interest (you know that Jag you've always wanted Dad? and Mom, what about a week in Paris shopping and going to the spa?). It was painfully obvious at this dinner that I would fit in perfectly in St. Tropez (did you know American rapper P. Diddy also has a home there?!) and am confident I would have a husband within the year.


Summer is almost over and so I would need to go to St. Tropez no later than Labor Day. I understand if you cannot buy me a ticket before then. That is why i'm proposing two other excellent investment opportunities! You can also send me to Istanbul for a European Sales Meeting. OR help pay for me to spend Christmas in Europe (with New Years, naturally, in Monaco as is expected of someone of my social status).


Let me know what dates will work for you! I look forward to our future financial partnership!


Love you!


Lily




REPLY:
There is more to life than money, darling. To make sure you are doing the right thing, your mother is on her way to St. Tropez to check it out firsthand. If it is all that you say it is, I will send for you immediately.

Love always,
Mom

No comments: